A brief history:
The original ringwood village emerged in the mid to late 19th century, following the initial sale of land in the 1850’s as an agricultural hub in the local proliferation of grazing, fruit and brick making activities. The suburb was first consolidated in 1882 through construction of the Lilydale Railway Extension from Melbournes’ CBD. In 1880 Ringwood station was built symbolising the browning importance of the suburb along the railway line. In 1924 the first land subdivision occurred, and the proclamation of Ringwood as a suburban Borough of Melbourne.
Ringwood evolution: Ringwood today doesn’t have the land for agriculture or production. Its quickly turning into an economic and commercial hub of the outer suburbs. This opens the door for Ringwood to be an economic power house for Eastlink production line down to Dandenong.
Ringwood is fast becoming a light commercial area with industrial ties down the east link.